May 7, 2008

Our Lady of the Snows Rosary

I've been wanting to make a rosary since the first time I started beading. But, Germany is very low on any craft supplies. Fortunately, my grandpa sent me a fifty dollar American Express gift card for Christmas and I was able to search the internet and buy craft supplies to my hearts desire! Well, not quite...actually the beads to make this rosary cost $42 exactly, leaving me with only $8. But, thats okay because I'm very glad of how well my rosary turned out!

Because I picked the white howlite gem stone beads, I decided to devote this rosary to Our Lady of the Snows. Here's the story that I got from,
Devotion to Mary under the title of Our Lady of the Snows is one of the oldest devotions to Mary. It has direct ties to the legend about a marvelous snowfall in Rome in 352 A.D. Mary had indicated in a dream to a wealthy, childless Roman couple that she wanted a church built in her honor and the site for this church would be covered with snow. On a hot, sultry morning on August 5, Esquiline Hill was covered with snow. All Rome proclaimed the summer snows a miracle, and a church to honor Mary was built on the hill in 358 A.D.

2 comments:

katie said...

that is very pertty! i love the white stones,great job ,i wish i could do that but all i can do is draw. and i'm really that good at that ether lol

Malissa said...

Sam,
You are so talented. I love the Rosary (make sure you get it blessed by your Priest or a Bishop if you can..that would just make it extra special).

The water bottle holder is a cool idea and I like your "back-pack" too!

As always you continue to amaze me...keep dreaming up and creating all these wonderful crafts and stories~