August 5, 2008

String, Wood and Stones

I love to wear things that look natural and rustic like my two lastest neclaces.

I began with this necklace:










I found some square wooden beads and hemp string and used that necklace as a visual to make a flower. Its really fun and looks great!


I love this necklace because it looks really professional. I used crimping links (I don't know the real name...) to connect the suede lace to the string of beads instead of knots. That really made a huge difference. I'm glad I was able to find those 'crimping links' here!

This one actually is a gift that I gave to Bethany for her birthday. I was a little sad to part with it but I know that she really likes it, so I'm happy!

Wait 'til you see the other piece I'm working on; it's inspired by Lia Sophia!

No comments: